Lenten Journey

Friday, April 07, 2006

Seven Sayings

Yesterday, I stumbled upon a great inspiring and beautiful set of meditations on Seven Sayings that Jesus said on the cross. It is from re:jesus. If you click on "Click here to hear and see this saying of Jesus in a new window." on the right, a beautiful flash movie will open, with Martin Wroe narrating (who wrote the reflections as well as the poem "flesh of my flesh" which I love during Advent).

Saying One: Forgive – "Father, forgive these people!"
Saying Two: Remember – "Today you will be with me in paradise."
Saying Three: Others – "This man is now your son. She is now your mother."
Saying Four: Godforsaken – "My God, my God, why have you deserted me?"
Saying Five: Thirst – "I am thirsty!"
Saying Six: Anger – "Father, I put myself in your hands!"
Saying Seven: Everything – "Everything is done!"

It would be great to adapt this for the Good Friday Service...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home