Lenten Journey

Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

Be my friend, hold me
Wrap me up, un-fold me
I am small, and needy
Warm me up, and breathe me


"As darkness falls, confusion rises. Voices nearby drop away, disappear. Spectators lose interest. Now just the silent sound of hearts breaking, hope evaporating." - Martin Wroe

How shall I bury you, O my God?
How can I wrap you in a shroud?
What dirges can I sing for your departure,
O compassionate One?

Aposticha of Vespers of Holy Friday
Eastern Orthodox

"Joseph went to Pilate and asked for Jesus' body. He took the body down from the cross and wrapped it in fine linen cloth. Then he put it in a tomb that had been cut out of solid rock and had never been used. The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and watched how Jesus' body was placed in the tomb."
Luke 23:52-53, 55

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home